Friday, October 5, 2012

Leela Palace New Delhi

1. I knew I was a Princess, switched at birth.

2. All cars checked for bombs on arrival to hotel, luggage put through X-ray. What happened at the Taj Hotel will not happen here.

3. An all glass pool on the roof is amazing! Pool attendants arrive to your chaise with a basket filled with ice cold cloths, rolled into a glass filled with rose petals, in a cooler on ice, organic sunscreen, fresh lemonade with mint in a crystal glass with a sterling lid. Fashion magazines, bottles of water and a pool snack menu!

4. Staying on Executive Club floor has its perks. Breakfast, lunch, high tea, cocktail hour, and cordials after dinner. Tim mentions he likes some obscure snack mix and it magically appears next day!

5. I HAVE A BUTLER!! His name is Supratik. He will fill your bathtub with rose petals. When you return to the room after a meal, swim or excursion, it is as clean and orderly as when you checked in! I wonder if I can keep him?

6. I now know that I have no clue about how to cook Indian Food! Maybe a cooking class with the head chef here. Have learned that all you have to do is ask and your any wish is fulfilled.

7. Did not know you could even get 2000 thread count sheets!!!

8. My butler, Supratik, calls me mum, i hope that means madame!

9. Tim is making me leave hotel today on tour of Delhi with a driver, shopping in Connaught Place promised. The hotel has a Rolls Royce Phantom that you can hire to take you on these excursions. Tim is springing for the taxi, thank you very much!

10. Leaving here for Kathmandu, tea houses and 20 days in the Himalayas is going to be very difficult. Maybe we can bring Supratik along to tend to our comforts!

No comments:

Post a Comment